Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What am I thankful for?

I love the month of November for many reasons: mouth-watering turkeys, family time, a month closer to Christmas, but one thing I really love is the enhanced reflection of gratitude we all have.
I want to take the next couple of weeks leading up to Thanksgiving to share what I am thankful for!
Day 1:

The LDS Gospel Art Kit.
I know, I know, you are wondering why. Well you understand that being a mother is such a rewarding job but can be difficult at times. As I was pondering and praying about what to do to help my children stop arguing and to make bedtime more peaceful, I had a thought, more like an inspiration to start reading and discussing these to my children every night.
WOW
what a difference it has made! They crave this time together and the story changes every night, I mean what kid wouldn't want to hear about a boy named David defeating a giant named Goliath or the miracle of the seagulls who ate thousands of grasshoppers to save the people's crops? Beats most stories, teaches the gospel and principles, opens up the window for conversation about their own lives and what they might be facing and you get to spend the much needed time with them.
We are usually able to do it every other night and my kids enjoy it immensely.

2 comments:

Aaron and Melissa said...

What a great idea! I've always been amazed by your creativity and insight! Your ideas are truly inspiring!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Oh, Becki. I love that you're focusing on your thankful things. What a great way to spend the month.

And...such a nice thing to be thankful for, too! I'm so glad you're my friend.