Friday, August 14, 2009

Scary...

So the other night Jason put Savvy to bed. Around 9:30 I went to check on her and she was gone. Yes, gone.
We searched the whole house screaming her name, ran outside and had neighbors running up and down the street looking for her (because she has a tendency to just walk out the front door and roam and I was sure she was somewhere in the neighborhood lost). Jason kept having a feeling to go look in her room but couldn't find her anywhere. I decided to look one last time in her room before we called the police and noticed a huge pile of blankets stacked under Hailey's crib with Savvy's princess pillow underneath.
And yes, that is where our little princess was hiding, sound asleep, under a huge stack of blankets under her sisters crib-a place she never goes!
I asked her why she was under the crib and she said she wanted to make a hut for her and Hailey and hide, oh sweet sister.
I think I aged 10 years while we were looking for her
and still get sick to my stomach thinking of her missing.
I am glad Jason can stay calm in such stressful moments because I am a complete mess.
I still want to invent a GPS device we put on our children so we can easily find them!
They do it to dogs, why not humans?

6 comments:

Laura said...

Scary! I'm glad she was just missing in a heap of blankies! They do make GPS that you can attach to your kids clothes or backpack...I've seen ads for them, but I can't remember what they are called...just an FYI : )

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

To lose a child for even a moment makes your heart stop completely! I am happy she was found safe and sound. That is scary!

Aaron and Melissa said...

My heart jumped for you while I was reading this! I HATE that feeling- even if it's just for a second- it is so scary! I'm glad she was safe :) And I'm totally with you on the GPS in our kids idea!!

pacemaker said...

That happened to us once, or probably 10 or twelve times. But once that really sticks in my mind. Ethan was hiding behind the love seat, we looked everywhere and when it's dark, it sends a panic right through you. I did call the police, only to have them find him behind the couch, how embarassing!!!When it was all over I wanted to loose him!!!

Sheila Madsen said...

What a scare! When Laura started to tell me about it my first thought was that she was asleep somewhere in the house - I think every mother has gone through this kind of thing at least once. Doesn't make it any less scary though. Glad Jason was there this weekend to help keep you calm. Love you all.

JasonandJenn said...

That is so scary!! Madison was lost the other day in the mall and I about had a melt down. She was hiding under a tablecloth and we only found her after all the customers and employees were looking. Amen! on the GPS device. I agree and have made the exact same comment in regards to "we do it for pets" aren't kids just as important? The device could be removed at 18.