Friday, September 12, 2008

Mom, I wish I had all the time in the world like you....

Yes, those are the words of my darling 11 year old McKay. He continues, "Your 'to do' list is not that big!" Well my sweets, I have decided to tell you what your mothers day looks like..
4:00am-Feed Hailey, change poopy diaper
4:30am-Get up and go to the gym to work off the poundage of having 6 children.
6:30am-Start a nice warm breakfast for the family that some eat and some just push around
6:45am-Scripture study with the family to ensure they have their spiritual "Armor" on
7:00am-Serve that nice warm breakfast and try to read paper and converse with 7 other people
7:15am-Clean up that nice, warm breakfast (including the food Savvy has so graciously thrown on the wall)
7:35am-Take kids to school
8:10am-Take more kids to school
8:20am-Feed Hailey and change more poopy diapers
8:30am-Make bed, pick up house from morning craziness
9:00am-Finally get in shower
9:15am-Find something to entertain Savvy so I can apply some cover up to the dark circles under my bloodshot eyes
9:45am-Run to the grocery store, dry cleaners (cuz who has time, or the desire, to iron?)
10:30am-Come home and get snack for Savannah, feed and change Hailey again.
11:00am-Play games, read stories, learn ABC's with Savannah all the while holding sweet Hailey.
12:00pm-Lunch time
12:15pm-Take some phone calls while I clean up lunch
1:00pm-Attempt to put Savvy down for a nap
1:10pm-Retreat to the office where I have approximately 60 minutes to read scriptures, pay bills, check email, write letters, make more phone calls and maybe squeeze in a 20 minute power nap. While all this is happening, Savvy has gotten out of bed 10 times and I have given up and sent her to be babysat by a movie.
2:30pm-Pick up kids from school
2:45pm-Sort through schoolwork, parent forms, get kids after school snack, hear about their day while Savannah rips up the artwork they worked so hard on
3:00pm-Feed and change Hailey
3:30pm-Pick more kids up from school, more snacks, hear about the interesting things that go on in Middle school, secretly pray for your children and their school experiences
4:00pm-Play with the kids for a moment and then take kids to piano, football, soccer etc.
5:30pm-Start dinner preparations, have a different kid every night learn to cook with me.
6:00pm-Shout for joy (and go somewhere quiet)when my sweet Jason calls on his way home from work and we talk until he pulls into the garage because what other time do we have to talk that long?
6:30pm-Eat dinner, find out about everyone's day. I so love this part of my day when we are all together!
7:00pm-Clean up dinner and if I am lucky, I actually get help cleaning it up!
7:30pm-Baths, family prayer, brush teeth, stories, tuck ins and then..
8:00pm-Pick up house from afternoon craziness
8:30pm-Get myself ready for bed, snuggle with hubby and chat for a moment.
9:00pm-Kneel down and thank Heavenly Father that I get to have a crazy schedule like this.
9:30pm-Slip off to dream land until I wake up at 11:00pm, 2:00am and then 4:00am to feed and change sweet Hailey.O bed! O bed! delicious bed!
That heaven upon earth to the weary head.
~Thomas Hood, Miss Kilmansegg - Her Dream

5 comments:

Emily H said...

Wow I am spent just reading that. That is why you get mom of the year award. Love ya

RaCHeL said...

Wow! You really are a superwoman! You'd have to keep a schedule in order to fit all that in. :) I'm impressed! I bet McKay won't be saying that anymore...

Becki Madsen said...

I am speechless...other than to say thank you and that I don't know how you do it day in, day out...Love you, -your husband

Jason Madsen said...

After reading your schedule I am so humbled at your sacrifice for our family...I really don't know what to say other than I love you and cannot adequately express my gratitude for you. Your, husband...Jason

Unknown said...

Atta Girl Becki! You are a great example to your family. Keep up the good work. G'pa M