Friday, April 24, 2009

Families can be together forever...

My dad's birth mom passed away when he was a baby and he was adopted and raised by his birth mother's sister. Lately I have had a desire to do some family history work but am limited with time. There was a class in church introducing us to the new LDS website familysearch.org where you can trace your family history and it is really, really easy (and super addiciting)!
I have come across my dad's birth father and mother, adoptive father and some ancestors on his side and will get to go to the temple next week to seal our ancestors to their families. Can I tell you how amazing it is to participate in such a wonderful opportunity and know it is your family?

Here is a picture of my dad's birth mother Shirley and his mother Donna. I can't thank Grandma Donna enough for raising my dad and being so wonderful!My great grandparents at Shirley's graveside.
My dad's birth mom..
My dad's mother...
My sweet dad with his kids...

3 comments:

Emily H said...

That is awesome Beck. I have never seen some of those pictures. It made me a bit teary eyed.

Sheila Madsen said...

Wow! Isn't it nice to have pictures to go along with the names of those who bind our families together. Family history is important as it draws us closer together. What cute little girls those sisters where and it was indeed wonderful that your dad was able to be raised by his sister's mom.

Valery G. said...

I am glad I browsed...this is beautiful!