Monday, February 22, 2010

A quick trip to San Francisco...

This past weekend Jason and I flew to San Francisco for a quick weekend getaway and for his graduation. Thanks to G'ma Madsen for watching our kids and keeping the house standing.
It was a wonderful weekend-
Thanks Jas!

Me playing around with my camera on the train to our hotel.
Jason is such a good sport to let me always have my camera on hand.

Golden Gate Bridge...

The famous Alcatraz prison...

Grace Cathedral is so beautiful!

When Jason was 16 he went with his band to San Francisco and one night he and some friends came to this exact place and played their saxophone and other instruments for money. It was fun for us to visit the same site!


I loved all of the colorful sail boats, it made me want to go sailing!

Ghirardelli square...
Jason and I shared the most rich caramel hot chocolate and a cookie that we swear was just a cube of butter with chocolate chips stuck in it. They were so so so delicious but we were so so so sick after eating all of that sugary rich food!
But hey, that's what you do on vacation, right???

Lombard street was a crazy stretch of road with hills covering the whole thing.
Jason and I walked the whole day all over the city, we couldn't feel our feet at the end of the day! I think we definitely burnt off the calories from those yum Ghirardelli treats!

China town...

It was a lot of fun to see the city and be with Jason. We stayed at an amazing hotel that had a view of the ocean and the next day went to another amazing hotel for his graduation...
The Claremont.
I think this is such a beautiful piece of property with an amazing view.

3 comments:

Sheila Madsen said...

Looks like you both had a wonderful time exploring despite the clouds. Wonderful photos. Glad you survived the chocolate overdose!!

Laura said...

Lucky! Looks like you went to all the sights I'd like to see someday! Thanks for taking all the pics, just makes me want to go even more now : )

Trinette McCrary said...

I love San Francisco. It has been a few years since I have been there. Aw, the pictures brought back memories.