Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holiday weekend...

We were so excited for a long weekend!
We started with taking the girls (and Savvy's little friend Avery) to the zoo...
My little girls can't get enough of the zoo, thank goodness we have a pass and can go whenever we want!

Then it was my favorite run, the ADT half marathon.
My sweet family gave up sleeping in to come and cheer me on-
so I had to blow them some kisses!

For the last two years, I have gotten the same finish time of 2 hours and 3 minutes. This year I was finally able to knock 5 minutes off my time!
Me and cute Ash..
My sweet Jason and kids...

That evening we took the whole family and Uncle Hyrum to the Arlo Guthrie concert. He was a hippie from the 60's and had some great hits.

Our musician Logan fell in love with Arlo's music while listening
to it on the internet, so of course he was thrilled to be able to see him live!

We took a delicious dinner with us, it always makes
outings more fun when you bring along good food!

I love long weekends and hope everyone enjoyed theirs too!

3 comments:

RaCHeL said...

what a fun weekend! Way to go on your time! That's awesome! Maybe one day I'll like running as much as you do. ;)

Ashley's Life said...

Labor Day weekend was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila Madsen said...

Congratulations on a race well run and on breaking your own record! Looks like everyone had fun at the zoo and concert too.