Sunday, January 23, 2011

My next job and our weekend-

Jason had tickets to the girls Roller Derby this weekend and it was SO much fun!
My college days came back to me when I would go with friends to the U of U campus and roller blade for hours
(yes, I could even do a half pipe!)
I told Jason that I wanted to join the Derby Divas and become a roller derby skater-
I already have my name picked out...
Lady Ga-Gotcha
Don't you think it would fit in with names like, 
Count Smacula, The Swiss Missle or Brewzer? Ah, an old lady can dream!


We went with our great neighbors the Harps-


Jason became a fan of one of the skaters who was sassy and awesome
and our funny neighbor followed her out and got her autograph for Jason-thanks Craig!
Pretty funny!

We then went out to a great restaurant and had bananas foster-
mmmmmm.....

The next day we took our kids to the Fine Arts Center so they could have a little culture in their lives-
Jason also took the boys shooting for the first time, which was a great experience! I was just glad they came back with no holes in their bodies!
We also played games, made delicious food together and my sweet family let me rest
and continue to recover.
It was another amazing weekend!

3 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Oh my gosh! How fun is that?! I love your name too. :) Glad you had such a fun filled weekend. :)

Sheila Madsen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I can just imagine you as a roller derby queen! Yum, yum on the banana's foster!

Laura said...

Love the name! When you're all better you should go try out : D