Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The weekend and a GLORIOUS new recipe..

We had the most 
amazing
chops this weekend.
We try and cook delicious food on Sundays because it is our 
day to be together as a family with no interruptions. We find a lot of our recipes
in the Parade newspaper and this is for sure
 our families new favorite! 
Balsamic Cherry Pork Chops:
2 Tbsp. (plus 2 tsp) olive oil
1/4 C onion, finely chopped 
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 cups frozen cherries, chopped
1/4 cup chicken stock 
3 Tbsp. cold butter cut into cubes
1/2 tsp. salt, plus extra to taste
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus extra to taste.
4 (6oz.) bone-in pork chops
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium. 
Add onion and garlic, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
Stir in vinegar, cook for 30 seconds. Add cherries and stock. 
Cook over high until liquid is think and slightly syrupy, 5 to 7 minutes. 
Whisk in butter, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. 
Transfer half of glaze mixture to a separate bowl. 
2. Coat chops with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush chops with cherry glaze. 3. Preheat grill to high and oil the grate. Grill chops 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. 4. Let chops sit for 5 minutes, top with remaining glaze.
ENJOY!

Thanks Jason for making this for us-
it was DIVINE! 

Whit whoo-
Love this man...
 
We love chillin outside with our kids on blankets even if it always ends up with
crying and fighting because of the usual, 'she touched me, he looked at me or give me some space!' arguments.

 
 
HHEEELLLPPPPPP!!
 


One of the funniest parts of our weekend was our boys, 
desperate for some swim time came up with this solution...

I was HYSTERICAL! So was everyone who drove past-
creative and funny boys!
 I won free registration to the Classic 10K this weekend and ran it. I got my best time ever and 
loved the race! (Maybe being free made a difference!)

 I came home from the race with this sweet 
'Good Job Mom' on our garage.
I love my family and I LOVE our weekends!


2 comments:

RaCHeL said...

I saw that recipe in the Parade & thought it looked good. Glad it was. I still can't help but laugh at how creative Logan was to fill up the bin as a pool. :) So funny!

Sheila Madsen said...

Looks like another fun filled weekend for the Colorado Madsen's. Great food, fun with each other and very creative play, too. Glad the race went well and that you had a good race time.