Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In Loving Memory.... Jason Briscoe 2/10/1966-6/30/2008

I had the honor of having my sweet niece Jaden with me for
the one year anniversary of her fathers death. We wanted to make the day special for her and celebrate his life.
We decided to start the day by getting Jamba Juice because her dad managed the stores in Phoenix for a long time.
We then launched balloons and let Jaden write things for her dad on them. Children like to see the act of something flying upward, she said it made her feel like her dad could see what she wrote him.
We then went to the store, picked out a flower to remember him by and then she made a rock to place by the flower. It was a sweet, sweet day with lots of tears and hugs. I told her she should plant something every year on this day!


We love you Briscoe family!


7 comments:

Emily H said...

You are so great to try and help her through the day by doing all that. She is a doll to have around. We love you Jaders.

RaCHeL said...

What a great few things to do to remember her dad! I'm glad she had you & your family to be around on such a hard day.

Trinette McCrary said...

I can hardly believe it has been a year since the tragedy. I'm sure her heart achs for her father, but what a day full of love and healing. Bless Jaden's heart and Jenny's.

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Becki-
What a beautiful way to both celebrate and mourn. The tender and thoughtful things you did to make the day special for her will--I am sure--make the day more sweet than bittersweet.

You are a good aunt and a good, good disciple of the Savior, sweet Becki.

Ashley's Life said...

Mom how nice. I love you.

McKay said...

Good Job

Sheila Madsen said...

Becki, You are always so sweet and thoughtful. Time flies by so that I'd forgotten that it was this time a year that tragedy struck. You are a perfect, loving aunt who is helping Jayden through this time as well as the rest of the family. Bless you!