Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A full freezer...

I belong to a freezer group with some amazingly talented chefs.
We meet once a month and exchange freezer meals.
I have been saving mine for the last 2 months in my garage freezer so I can have them on hand for my dear mother in law who is taking care of our kids while Jason and I go to his graduation.
It's nice to have on those crazy days when dinner preparation time is limited!One of my favorite meals I have received isn't a freezer meal, it is actually a canned goods meal. You throw everything into a crock pot and 8 hours later..a delicious dinner!
Here is the recipe:
(it's easy to mail to friends and family too, just have them add the chicken breasts!)
Thanks Shauna!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

3 frozen chicken breasts

1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning
1 can black beans
1 can mild green chilis

Add everything to crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove chicken after 8 hours and shred. Return shredded chicken to soup and serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips if desired.
MMMMmmmmm.

4 comments:

Cumorah said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! I love freezer groups - but only after you've done the exchange and your freezer is full. Always a little crazy during prep day!!! Thanks for the recipe!

Emily H said...

My whole family LOVED this! I would suggest doubling it though. My kids didn't get near enough of it.

Hendry Happenings said...

I panicked for a minute thinking that you only had one freezer for a family your size. I am glad to hear you have a freezer in the garage!

Anonymous said...

Hailey with be a makeup artist when she grows up if she's that good already!